Rescued. On the edge of heaven
- Concept/ choreography / dance - Agnieszka Kamińska
- Consultations – Aleksandra Śliwińska, Katarzyna Pastuszak
- Lights – Grzegorz Ruta / Agnieszka Kamińska
- Costumes: Julia Porańska
- Music - Agnieszka Kamińska
- mix: Adrian Wracławek
- Premiere – 23 June 2010, Klub ŻAK, Gdańsk
- Texts: „The Mother” – A. Kamińska, „Każdy przyniósł, co miał najlepszego” - Mieczysław Abramowicz
- The performance was created with the financial support of the Gdansk City Council and the Office of the Marshall of Pomorskie Voivodeship
In her solo performance entitled Rescued. On the edge of heaven Agnieszka Kamińska poses a question – to what extent can a Human Being influence his Fate, and to what extent it is the Fate that rules our lives. The inspiration for the performance came from the novel The Iron Orchid written by Marek Jankowski. The main character of the novel grows up in Gdansk but his childhood is torn by the Second World War. Kamińska explores the loneliness and abandonment experienced by a child who hides his identity to survive the hardships of war. The performance is a study of the human beings’ striving to save their own life and their inner universe.
„(…) Rescued. On the edge of heaven” by Agnieszka Kamińska of Amareya Theatre is one of the most interesting and consistent performances of this season’ Magdalena Hajdysz
‘Agnieszka Kamińska has this incredible ability to infect the viewer with emotions. We experience the story with her from start to finish. Her dance is elaborate in every single detail. The confidence in her moves makes us sure that apart from the fact that she dances sensationally she also has something to say. Each part of the dancer’s body has a particular role onstage. All is very precise till the very end and the dancer’s movement is masterly.
It is not possible to be indifferent to the splendid light design done by Grzegorz Ruta and Agnieszka Kamińska. What’s more, in Kamińska’s performance, we can hear her marvelous voice. The texts, whispers and songs complete the whole and the audience contemplates the performance with highest attention. All this brings this performance to the highest international standards. Justyna Mazurkiewicz